HOW TO ENTER?
CWA offers three ways to enter. You may select the orange “Submit Now” button on the CWA website’s home page and in doing so will enter via our secured CWA system. Alternatively, you may enter via Film Freeway or Coverfly.
You may enter your script as an entry only submission into the competition or entrants are also offered the Judge’s Scorecard and a brief summary of notes for an additional $50. Also offered are the Judge’s Highlights, which includes the Judge’s Scorecard and a couple of pages of Judge’s Highlight notes for an additional $85 or the Full Script Analysis that includes the Judge’s Scorcard and a Full Script Analysis by the Judge for an additional $185.
Note: If entering via the CWA system, you will need to select the ‘entry only’ box if you do no wish to receive the Judge’s scorecard option or any other optional coverage.
What to expect once entering the online application for the 2023-2024 CWA screenwriting competition:
- BASIC INFO & USER NAME/PASSWORD: Enter your basic information, and create a password. If you are entering via Film Freeway, you will need to create an account with them unless you already have one (free to sign up).
- WRITER’S INFORMATION: Complete your basic online application including writer’s contact info, applicable genre category (s) listed below, logline (2-4 sentence describing your script), and whether you’d like entry only, the judge’s scorecard, or a script analysis with your entry.
- RELEASE FORM: can be found on each of the submission entry forms via Film Freeway and Withoutabox.
- SCRIPT: Upload your script (Adobe Acrobat PDF preferred. Final Draft, Word accepted, but if you have MovieMagic, please convert to a PDF).
- ENTRY FEE: After you’ve uploaded the above info and your script, you can pay the entry fee with any major credit card via the secure payment system.
Steps 1-5 above fulfill your full entry requirements.
To enter now via CWA, click the Submit Now button.
Or to enter your project via Film Freeway, click below:
Note: We have gone 100% green, and require the full entry requirements of your script to go through our CWA platform here, or the Film Freeway or Coverfly online system. However, if you prefer to pay with a money order rather than through the online platform, you may submit payment by the respective deadline to the address below. For email inquiries, contact us at email@example.com.
Creative World Awards
4712 Admiralty Way, #268
Marina del Rey, CA
SELECT YOUR GENRE CATEGORY: Judging Categories
Once in the application process, you will be asked to choose which category you would like your screenplay or teleplay to be judged under. All entries can choose any one category they feel best depicts their script. If an entrant would like to select more than the one allotted category, this is available at an additional cost of $15 for each additional genre chosen.
ORDERING RESUBMISSIONS (MUST BE WITHIN THE SAME/CURRENT CONTEST SEASON)
Resubmission Fee: $45 – Should an entrant want to resubmit their script during the same season after the initial entry has taken place; they are welcome to do this at a discounted submission rate. The resubmission fee is $45, and the new resubmitted script will replace the older script as a new submission.
To order your resubmission, you can do so online with the promo code below. Simply visit the CWA submit now button and click to enter a new entry only script and a discount will be applied at the end that will reflect the $45 rate.
Resubmission Discount Code: resubmit!
Once the resubmission is processed, the script will then be in the prelim judging round as if a new entry and will be re-read. The new resubmission score will replace the old score.
NOTE: The script will be verified that it is a replacement within the same season. Do not use the code above if you are submitting your script for the first time in the current season regardless of whether you have submitted to CWA in past years. In this case, you will put up a brand new entry for your script in the current season. For questions, email us firstname.lastname@example.org. *If you ordered the brief notes or other coverage option on the original script submission, the resubmitted script will receive a new Judge’s scorecard & a brief update of notes after the resubmission has been judged (a couple of paragraphs of notes).